Rapid Review Microbiology and Immunology: With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access / Edition 3by Ken S. Rosenthal, Michael J. Tan
Pub. Date: 09/10/2010
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Get the most from your study time, and experience a realistic USMLE simulation with Rapid Review Microbiology and Immunology, 3rd Edition, by Drs. Ken S. Rosenthal and Michael J. Tan. This new reference in the highly rated Rapid Review Series is formatted as a bulleted outline with photographs, tables and figures that address all the microbiology and immunology… See more details below
Get the most from your study time, and experience a realistic USMLE simulation with Rapid Review Microbiology and Immunology, 3rd Edition, by Drs. Ken S. Rosenthal and Michael J. Tan. This new reference in the highly rated Rapid Review Series is formatted as a bulleted outline with photographs, tables and figures that address all the microbiology and immunology information you need to know for the USMLE. And with Student Consult functionality, you can become familiar with the look and feel of the actual exam by taking a timed or a practice test online that includes 400 USMLE-style questions.
• Access all the information you need to know quickly and easily with a user-friendly, two-color outline format that includes High-Yield Margin Notes.
• Take a timed or a practice test online with more than 400 USMLE-style questions and full rationales for why every possible answer is right or wrong.
• Review the most current information with completely updated chapters, images, and questions, including a new chapter on Laboratory Tests for Diagnosis.
• Profit from the guidance of series editor, Dr. Edward Goljan, a well-known author of medical study references, who is personally involved in content review.
• Study and take notes more easily with the new, larger page size.
• Practice with a new testing platform on USMLE Consult that gives you a realistic review experience and fully prepares you for the exam.
• Review your understanding of how to interpret lab results in a new chapter on Laboratory Tests for Diagnosis.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Components of the Immune System
Chapter 2 Role of T Cells in Immune Responses
Chapter 3 Immunoglobulins and Their Production by B Cells
Chapter 4 Normal and Abnormal Immune Responses
Chapter 5 Laboratory Tests for Diagnosis
Chapter 6 Bacterial Structure
Chapter 7 Bacterial Growth, Genetics, and Virulence
Chapter 8 Diagnosis, Therapy, and Prevention of Bacterial Diseases
Chapter 9 Gram-Positive Cocci
Chapter 10 Gram-Positive Toxigenic Rods
Chapter 11 Enterobacteriaceae
Chapter 12 Gram-Negative Cocci and Coccobacilli
Chapter 13 Gram-Negative, Oxidase-Positive Motile Rods
Chapter 14 Mycoplasmas, Filamentous Bacteria, and Bacteroides
Chapter 15 Spirochetes
Chapter 16 Mycobacteria
Chapter 17 Chlamydiae and Zoonotic Intracellular Bacteria
Chapter 18 Viral Structure, Classification, and Replication
Chapter 19 Viral Pathogenesis
Chapter 20 Diagnosis, Therapy, and Prevention of Viral Diseases
Chapter 21 Nonenveloped (Naked) DNA Viruses
Chapter 22 Enveloped DNA Viruses
Chapter 23 Nonenveloped (Naked) RNA Viruses
Chapter 24 Large Enveloped RNA Viruses
Chapter 25 Small and Midsized Enveloped RNA Viruses
Chapter 26 Retroviruses
Chapter 27 Hepatitis Viruses
SECTION IV:Mycology, Parasitology, and Infectious Diseases
Chapter 28 Fungi
Chapter 29 Parasites
Chapter 30 Infectious Diseases: Clinical Correlations
Appendix 1: Bacteriology Summary Tables and Trigger Words
Appendix 2: Virology Summary Tables and Trigger Words
Appendix 3: Mycology and Parasitology Trigger Words
Common Laboratory Values
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >