Rau's Respiratory Care Pharmacology / Edition 8by Douglas S. Gardenhire
Pub. Date: 09/29/2011
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Take the easiest path to respiratory pharmacology mastery with Rau’s Respiratory Care Pharmacology, 9th Edition. With broken-down terminology, relatable explanations, and reader-friendly writing, Rau simplifies the process of learning pharmacology material like never before to prepare you for success on your exams and in professional practice! This new/b>
Take the easiest path to respiratory pharmacology mastery with Rau’s Respiratory Care Pharmacology, 9th Edition. With broken-down terminology, relatable explanations, and reader-friendly writing, Rau simplifies the process of learning pharmacology material like never before to prepare you for success on your exams and in professional practice! This new edition includes the most recent advances related to apneic and asthmatic pharmacology, twice the number of clinical scenarios, more drug formulation tables, and a new mobile app for interactive drug flashcards.
• Enhanced readability helps readers more easily understand difficult material.
• Full-color design makes the text more reader-friendly and helps the learner to identify relevant details within an illustration.
• Learning objectives parallel the levels tested by the NBRC exams to help readers identify important information that goes beyond memorization and recall.
• Key terms with definitions provide easy access to the pharmacologic vocabulary readers should embrace.
• Key points in each chapter highlight important concepts in the lesson.
• Self-assessment questions offer readers the opportunity to test themselves on content learned with thought-provoking questions that require short answers.
• Clinical scenarios with follow-up SOAP assessment help readers assess their comprehension of the material.
• Glossary of all key terms in the text aids readers in understanding the terminology associated with respiratory care pharmacology.
• Appendices on common units, systems of measurement, and acceptable mixtures provides references to need-to-know information such as abbreviations, conversion charts for temperatures, liquid metric and solids, and a simple drug compatibility chart for drug mixtures.
• Alphabetical drug index offers a direct index to look up information based on drug name.
• NEW! Recent advances related to apneic and asthmatic pharmacology familiarize readers with current information.
• NEW! Twice the number of clinical scenarios engages the reader and helps them apply what they have learned.
• NEW! Mobile app for interactive drug flashcards provides a more technology-savvy, portable approach to the study and review of respiratory pharmacology.
• NEW! More drug formulation tables that include drug categories, brand names, and dosages provide a go to reference for better consistency and readability.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.40(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.70(d)
Table of Contents
Unit I: Basic Concepts and Principles in Pharmacology
1. Introduction to Respiratory Care Pharmacology
2. Principles of Drug Action
3. Administration of Aerosolized Agents
4. Calculating Drug Doses
5. The Central and Peripheral Nervous Systems
Unit II: Drugs Used to Treat the Respiratory System
6. Adrenergic (Sympathomimetic) Bronchodilators
7. Anticholinergic (Parasympatholytic) Bronchodilators
9. Mucus-Controlling Drug Therapy
10. Surfactant Agents
11. Corticosteriods in Respiratory Care
12. Nonsteroidal Antiasthma Agents
13. Aerosolized Antiinfective Agents
14. Antimicrobial Agents
15. Cold and Cough Agents
16. Selected Agents of Pulmonary Value
17. Neonatal and Pediatric Aerosolized Drug Therapy
Unit III: Critical Care, Cardiovascular, and Polysomnography Agents
18. Skeletal Muscle Relaxants (Neuromuscular Blocking Agents)
19. Diuretic Agents
20. Drugs Affecting the Central Nervous System
21. Vasopressors, Inotropes, and Antiarrythmic Agents
22. Drugs Affecting Circulation: Antihypertensives, Antianginals, Antithrombotics
23. Sleep and Sleep Pharmacology
Appendix A: Units and Systems of Measurement
Appendix B: Acceptable Mixtures of Most Commonly Prescribed Respiratory Care Drugs
Glossary of Selected Terms
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >