- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
The most motivating, interactive approach to college success.
Explores the ability to learn and develop throughout college and life.
1. Influences, Values, and Beliefs: Why You Think And Behave the Way You Do.
Factors that Shape Your Life. What Is Thinking? The Different Levels of Thinking. Major Components of the Thinking Apparatus: Total Belief System. How Patterns of Thought Can Influence Your Life. How Patterns of Thought Are Acquired. How the Pieces of Your Life Fit Together.
2. Personal Change: How You Can Improve Your Thinking and Behavior.
Why is Change Necessary? Components of the Thinking Process. How to Improve the Quality of Your Thinking.
3. Outlook: Proactive Students Choose Optimism over Pessimism.
Why Some People are Pessimists While Others are Optimists. Pessimists and the Consequences of Pessimism. Optimists and the Benefits of Optimism. How to Move from Pessimism of Optimism.
4. Performance: How to Make the Most of Your Abilities.
A Model for High Performance. Role of Values in High Performance. Role of Mission in High Performance. Role of Goals in High Performance. Identifying and Correcting Thinking Problems.
5. Learning Strategies: You are Responsible for Your Education.
Empowering Attitudes and Behaviors. Make the Most of Your Mental Resources. Effective Tools and Strategies for Learning. Identifying and Correcting Thinking Problems.
6. Health and Wellness: Proactive Strategies for Now and the Future.
Impact of Attitude and Behavior on Health and Wellness. Attending to the Basics: Nutrition and Exercise. Maintaining Control over Your Eating Habits. Stress: The Good and the Bad. Managing the Risks of Infectious Diseases. Avoiding the Perils of Substance Abuse. Identifying and Correcting Thinking Problems.
7. Relationships: Constructive Interactions with Peers and Authority Figures.
Two Key Approaches to Productive Relationships. Relationships with Parents. Relationships with Friends and Acquaintances. Romantic Relationships. Relationships with Instructors and Professors. Identifying and Correcting Thinking Problems.
8. Finances: Understanding and Managing Your Money.
Widespread Beliefs About Money. The Many Ways That People Use Money. Overspending and Underspending. Proactive Financial Strategies for Your College Career. Proactive Financial Strategies for the Twenty-First Century. Identifying and Correcting Thinking Problems.