Read Well, Think Well: Build Your Child's Reading, Comprehension, and Critical Thinking Skillsby Hal W Lanse
Millions of children struggle with reading-and even more struggle to understand exactly what they're reading. Read Well, Think Well will help you to teach your children to build the essential reading and comprehension skills they need to succeed in today's demanding school system. Teacher trainer and literacy specialist Hal W. Lanse, Ph.D., provides the necessary knowledge, strategies, and exercises that will turn your kids into first-rate readers and thinkers.
Learn how to:
- Choose the best, age-appropriate reading material
- Boost your child's memory and retention skills through verbal and visual exercises
- Utilize technology aids to help your child understand the comprehension process
- Understand the "Big Six" of reading comprehension through analysis and summary of the text
- Promote values for everyday life through reading
Hal W. Lanse, Ph.D., is a premiere teacher trainer in New York City, specializing in middle-grade and young-adult literacy. He is the winner of the 1997 Frank W. Dilley Award, Walden University's annual prize for outstanding doctoral dissertation. Dr. Lanse, a consultant with the UFT Teacher Center, trains teachers in current literacy research and shows them how to turn the research into daily classroom practice. He has also taught many parent workshops for the United Federation of Teachers. Lanse lives with his teenage son, Kenny, in New York, NY.
- Adams Media
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 5.40(w) x 8.40(h) x 0.70(d)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews