- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Rockford, IL
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
List of Tables.
Introduction: Theories of Urban Development and Their Implications for Policy Planning.
Part I: The Changing Urban and Regional System:.
1. Bourgeois Utopias: Visions of Suburbia: Robert Fishman.
2. Cities in a World Economy: Saskia Sassen.
3. New Industrial Cities? The Four Faces of Silicon Valley: Mia Gray, Elyse Golob, Ann Markusen, Sam Ock Park.
4. Virtual Ecology: A Brief Environmental History of Silicon Valley: Aaron Sachs.
5. Regulation Theory, Post-Fordism and Urban Politics: Joe Painter.
6. The Changing World Economy and Urban Restructuring: Susan S. Fainstein.
Part II: Race and Inequality:.
7. From the Metropolis to Globalization: The Dialectics of Race and Urban Form: William W. Goldsmith.
8. Poverty, Social Rights and the Quality of Citizenship: Roger Lawson and William Julius Wilson.
9. Race, Class, and Segregation: Discourses about African Americans: Norman Fainstein.
Part III: Redevelopment and Urban Transformation:.
10. The City as a Growth Machine: John R. Logan and Harvey L. Molotch.
11. Partnership and the Pursuit of the Private City: Gregory D. Squires.
12. Gentrification, the Frontier, and the Restructuring of Urban Space: Neil Smith.
13. Promoting Tourism in US Cities: Dennis R. Judd.
Part IV: Culture, Design, and Urban Form:.
14. Fantasy City: Pleasure and Profit in the Postmodern Metropolis: John Hannigan.
15. Whose Culture? Whose City?: Sharon Zukin.
16. See you in Disneyland: Michael Sorkin.
17. The New Urbanism: Douglas Kelbaugh.
18. Urban or Suburban?: Carol Burns, Robert Campbell, Andres Duany, Jerold Kayden and Alex Krieger.
19. Social Justice, Postmodernism, and the City: David Harvey.