Start together on a lifetime of learning-- the greatest gift you can give your child
A trip to the supermarket. A drive to the mall. A refrigerator. A telephone. A television. Transform these everyday experiences and household items into a world of words and wonder for your child.
Early childhood education specialist Marlene Barron shows you how to stimulate your child's natural interest in reading and writing by sharing 60 imaginative and entertaining activities. Each one is:
• Inspired by the internationally renowned Montessori approach to education
• Developed especially for children ages 3 to 7
• Aimed at achieving specific objectives, such as increasing vocabulary, letter formation, sequencing, listening and motor skills, and more
• Readily upgraded to keep pace with your child's progress
• Easy to do and loads of fun!
The Ready, Set, Learn series was created to help parents and children explore concepts and develop skills necessary to succeed in school. In addition to dozens of activities, each book contains a substantial overview explaining children's developmental needs. Also available in the Ready, Set, Learn series: Ready, Set, Count; Ready, Set, Explore; Ready, Set, Cooperate.
"Marlene Barron's special understanding of people--children, parents, teachers--has led to these very special books. The activities here will allow children to construct a deeper, more complex understanding of their world and will be fun for both parent and child. I recommend these books to anyone who works with children." --John Chattin-McNichols, Ph.D. Associate Professor, School of Education, Seattle University Vice President, American Montessori Society