Real-Time Object-Oriented Modelingby Bran Selic, Paul T. Ward, Garth Gullekson, Jim McGee
Are you looking for a more effective approach to real-time systems development? Real-Time Object-Oriented Modeling The development of real-time distributed systems is one of the most difficult engineering problems ever faced, taxing the capabilities of traditional real-time software development approaches. Real-Time Object-Oriented Modeling is the first book that… See more details below
Are you looking for a more effective approach to real-time systems development? Real-Time Object-Oriented Modeling The development of real-time distributed systems is one of the most difficult engineering problems ever faced, taxing the capabilities of traditional real-time software development approaches. Real-Time Object-Oriented Modeling is the first book that brings together, in a single harmonious approach, the power of object-oriented concepts tailored specifically for real-time systems, with an iterative and incremental process based on the use of executable models. Developed by practitioners, the proven methodology described here is becoming a leader in the industry. Using a learn-by-example approach, this book offers:
* A single consistent set of graphical modeling concepts, chosen to improve developer effectiveness, which apply uniformly to analysis, design, and implementation. This reduces the learning curve to master the entire method and eliminates expensive discontinuities across different stages of development.
* An approach to the object paradigm that is easy to learn and that applies to the construction of reusable architectural design components, not just low-level language elements. This unleashes the true power of the object paradigm.
* Techniques for constructing executable models to gain early confidence in specifications and design decisions.
* Approaches to project management that deliver the benefits of the object paradigm and executable models.
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.75(w) x 9.53(h) x 1.41(d)
Meet the Author
BRAN SELIC is Vice President of Research and Development at ObjecTime Limited, a Canadian company that develops and markets a toolset (ObjecTime) supporting ROOM. He has over twenty years of design and project management experience in real-time software development covering a range of applications including telecommunications, aerospace, and robotics. GARTH GULLEKSON is Vice President of Marketing for ObjecTime Limited. He worked for Bell Northern Research for fourteen years, primarily in the design and management of real-time telecommunications software. PAUL T. WARD is a principal of Paul Ward & Associates (formerly known as Software Development Concepts), a New York City firm providing training and consulting for real-time systems developers. In collaboration with ObjecTime Limited, Dr. Ward provides customized courses on ROOM and ObjecTime. He is codeveloper of the Ward-Mellor approach and coauthor of Structured Development for Real-Time Systems-a standard text for software engineers.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >