- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
— Thomas Byrne Edsall
"A fresh and subtle analysis of voter behavior."
"If you're preparing to run a presidential campaign, and only have time to read one book, make sure to read Sam Popkin's The Reasoning Voter. If you have time to read two books, read The Reasoning Voter twice."
1. The Reasoning Voter
2. Acquiring Data: The Process of Becoming Informed
3. Going without Data: Information Shortcuts
4. Going beyond the Data: Evidence and Inference in Voting
5. Attributable Benefits and Political Symbols
6. Expectations and Reassessments: Surges and Declines in Presidential Primaries
7. The Democratic Primaries of 1976: Watergate and the Rise of Jimmy Carter
8. The Republican Primaries of 1980: George Bush, Ronald Reagan, and the Legacy of '76
9. The Fight to Redirect the Democratic Coalition in 1984
10. Conclusion Notes Biography Index