"You can get a solid foundation on traditional cosmetic waxes, oils, minerals and powders; color with tips on botanicals, vitamins, sun-screen actives and antiaging peptides-all of which are among the hot new ingredients; mix according to up-to-date and easy-to-make recipes for color cosmetics. By keeping everything simple, this book makes it easy to understand and personalize what you wear on your skin."--(Bud Brewster, Technical Editor, Cosmetics & Toiletries Magazine)
Recipes for Color Cosmetics, Vol. 1: Make Your Own Cosmeticsby Karin Bombeli
Making your own cosmetics and skin care products has become a huge trend. Handcrafting cosmetics is not just a great and fascinating hobby but offers many advantages over retail products. Creating your own makeup products puts you in the driver's seat and lets you decide what colors and shades your makeup and lipstick
Discover the Luxury of Homemade Cosmetics!
Making your own cosmetics and skin care products has become a huge trend. Handcrafting cosmetics is not just a great and fascinating hobby but offers many advantages over retail products. Creating your own makeup products puts you in the driver's seat and lets you decide what colors and shades your makeup and lipstick should be; nobody can match the shade of your makeup to your skin tone better than you. And best of all, there is no longer the frustration of seeing your favorite color of a retail brand be discontinued as you can make your own shade over and over again. Making your own cosmetics allows you to customize a product exactly to your needs. For example, you may use only all-natural ingredients, avoid harsh and irritating ingredients, create makeup exclusively with mineral powders, add your own fragrance blend or go fragrance-free. There are no limits! In addition, making your own cosmetics is highly educational and you will soon become an expert who knows exactly which retail products are good and which are not worth the money.
- Over 90 recipes for making foundations, tinted moisturizers, concealers, face powders, mineral makeup, blushers, lipsticks, lip glosses, lip balms, eyeliners, lip liner pencils, eye shadows and mascara
- Color photos of every finished product
- Detailed descriptions of more than 70 cosmetic ingredients and a special chapter on how to use pigments & dyes
- Easy step-by-step guides with color illustrations
- Basic instructions on how to manufacture color cosmetics
- Helpful tips and tricks on how to apply color cosmetics
- Publication date:
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews