0240812387 ***BRAND-NEW*** FAST Fedex shipping, so you'll receive your order FAST! (r'cd within 1-5 business days after shipping in most cases) We've been in business for over 18 ...years. We provide EXCEPTIONAL customer service. We're open 24/7 to serve you best. **** PLEASE NOTE: Fedex does not deliver to PO Boxes or APO addresses, so please be sure to give us a physical street address for delivery. Also, unfortunately, we cannot ship this item to Alaska or Hawaii. Thanks!Read moreShow Less
2009 Paperback New Book New and in stock. 10/13/2009. *****PLEASE NOTE: This item is shipping from an authorized seller in Europe. In the event that a return is necessary, you ...will be able to return your item within the US. To learn more about our European sellers and policies see the BookQuest FAQ section*****Read moreShow Less
Record Label Marketing offers a comprehensive look at the inner workings of record labels, showing how the record labels connect commercial music with consumers. In the current climate of selling music through both traditional channels and new media, authors Tom Hutchison, Paul Allen and Amy Macy carefully explain the components of the contemporary record label's marketing plan and how it is executed. This new edition is clearly illustrated throughout with figures, tables, graphs, and glossaries, and includes a valuable overview of the music industry.
Record Label Marketing has become essential reading for current and aspiring professionals, and for music business students everywhere.
Record Label Marketing.
* Gives you an exclusive and complete look at SoundScan and how it is used as a marketing tool
* Presents essential information on uses of new media, label publicity, advertising, retail distribution, and marketing research by record labels
* Offers insight into how successful labels use videos, promotional touring, and special products to build revenue
* Includes important specialized marketing strategies using the tools of grassroots promotion and international opportunities
* Reveals how labels are managing within their transitional digital industry
* Looks to the future of the music business - how online developments, technological diffusion, and convergence and new markets continue to reshape the industry
Record Label Marketing provides clear, in-depth information on corporate marketing processes, combining marketing theory with the real world "how to" practiced in marketing war rooms. This industry-defining book is clearly illustrated throughout with figures, tables, graphs, and glossaries. Record Label Marketing is essential reading for current and aspiring professionals and students, and also offers a valuable overview of the music industry.
Record Label Marketing... Builds your knowledge base by introducing the basics of the marketing mix, market segmentation and consumer behavior
"This book covers everything you need to know if you are going to do marketing in the industry. By the time you finish reading Record Label Marketing you'll be able to create your own marketing plan for your own CD." - Clyde Rolston
Paul Allen is Associate Professor in the Department of Recording Industry at Middle Tennessee State University and co-author of Record Label Marketing, also published by Focal Press. He is also a frequent lecturer at other universities on artist management and other music business subjects. His career work has included radio, TV, political management, and the music business.
1. The Basics of Marketing
2. Market Segmentation and Consumer Behaviour
3. The Industry Numbers
4. Marketing Research
5. Record Label Operations
6. Profit and Loss Statement
7. SoundScan and the Music Business
8. How Radio Works
9. Charts, Airplay and Promotion
10. Publicity of Recorded Music
11. Advertising in the Recording Industry
13. Music Retail Environment
14. Internet Marketing /Grassroots Marketing
15. Music Videos
16. International Marketing
17. Tour Support—Promotional touring
18. Special Products and Special Markets
19. The Recording Industry of the Future
20. The Marketing Plan