Record Label Marketing / Edition 1by Tom Hutchison, Amy Macy, Paul Allen
Pub. Date: 12/28/2005
Publisher: Taylor & Francis
Record Label Marketing provides clear, in-depth information on corporate marketing processes, combining marketing theory with the real world "how to" practiced in marketing war rooms. This industry-defining book is clearly illustrated throughout with figures, tables, graphs, and glossaries. Record Label Marketing is essential reading for current and aspiring
Record Label Marketing provides clear, in-depth information on corporate marketing processes, combining marketing theory with the real world "how to" practiced in marketing war rooms. This industry-defining book is clearly illustrated throughout with figures, tables, graphs, and glossaries. Record Label Marketing is essential reading for current and aspiring professionals and students, and also offers a valuable overview of the music industry.
Record Label Marketing...
* Builds your knowledge base by introducing the basics of the marketing mix, market segmentation and consumer behavior
* Gives you the tools necessary to understand and use SoundScan data, and to successfully manage the budget of a recorded music project
* Presents vital information on label publicity, advertising, retail distribution and marketing research
* Introduces you to industry resources like NARM, RIAA, and the IFPI
* Offers essential marketing strategies including grassroots promotion and Internet/new media, as well as highlighting international marketing opportunities
* Reveals how successful labels use video production, promotional touring and special products to build revenue
* Looks to the future of the music business-how online developments, technological diffusion, and convergence and new markets are continually reshaping the industry
This guide is accompanied by a website, www.recordlabelmarketing.com, which offers interactive assignments to strengthen your knowledge as well as updates on the latest news, industry figures and developments.
- Taylor & Francis
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.56(w) x 9.68(h) x 0.95(d)
Table of Contents
Market, concepts and Definition; Markets, Market Segmentation and Consumer Behavior; The US Industry Numbers; Record Label Operations; The Profit and Loss Statement; SoundScan and the Music Business; How Radio Works; Charts, Airplay and Promotion; Publicity of Recorded Music; Advertising in the recorded Industry; Distribution; The Music Retail Environment; Grassroots Marketing; Internet Marketing; Music Videos; The International Recording Industry; Tour Support and Promotional Touring; Special Products and Special Markets; Marketing Research; The Recording Industry of the Future; The Market Plan; Example Marketing Plan
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
very good !!!