Michael Richman is a veteran journalist who has covered sports for more than two decades. His articles on Redskins nostalgia have appeared in Sports Illustrated magazine and Redskins team media outlets, and he has contributed to many other publications. In 2003, he received an award from the Pro Football Researchers Association for feature writing. He works at the Voice of America in Washington.
The Redskins Encyclopediaby Michael Richman
Fans will read about:
• Coaches like George Allen, the eccentric, passionate man who left a
Amply illustrated with 200 photos of players, coaches, and fans, The Redskins Encyclopedia recounts the franchise's first 75 seasons, re-living the great-and not so great-moments in the team's storied history, and the men who helped make Sundays memorable.
Fans will read about:
• Coaches like George Allen, the eccentric, passionate man who left a legacy as an NFL pioneer, and Joe Gibbs, who formed a D-Y-N-A-S-T-Y.
• Players like star running back and all-time Redskins ground-gainer John Riggins, who once memorably told Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor to "loosen up, Sandy baby," and Doug Williams, the first starting black quarterback to win a Super Bowl and Super Bowl MVP honors.
• The franchise's golden run of four Super Bowl appearances-and three wins-in the 1980s and early 1990s
• The legendary Redskins-Cowboys rivalry
But wait, there's more-The Redskins Encyclopedia also includes:
• A year by year history of the team-from 1932 to the present, with stats from each season
• Individual profiles of more than 100 Redskins players-from Sammy Baugh to Darrell Green to Art Monk to Sonny Jurgensen to Charley Taylor to Joe Theismann
• A statistical chapter that provides all of the Redskins records-a complete roster and every draft pick
With an unparalleled collection of anecdotes, quotes, trivia, and hard-to-find information, The Redskins Encyclopedia is a must-have book for any fan who has ever bled burgundy and gold.
- Temple University Press
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 86 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews