- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Transform your teaching practice with this powerful approach to professional growth!
This updated bestseller gives prospective and practicing teachers everything they need to engage in the vital process of teacher inquiry. Featuring helpful exercises and step-by-step instructions, this how-to guide takes teachers through each stage of the process: formulating a research question, collaborating with others, collecting and analyzing data, writing and presenting classroom research, and assessing project quality. This revised edition includes:
“This book is an essential tool in the effort to construct teaching on a foundation of thought and care. Rejecting the simple, connect-the-dots view of teaching so prevalent today, Nancy Fichtman Dana and Diane Yendol-Hoppey invite us into a world of teaching that is deeply intellectual and fundamentally ethical. They show us how to achieve this, offering practical, concrete steps any teacher or group of teachers can take as they work to transform what they already do informally and privately into something intentional, systematic, and public.”
"The Reflective Teacher's Guide to Classroom Research is a refreshing text that provides the tools for both novice and experienced teachers to evolve from mere technicians to reflective, inquiry-oriented professionals. It views teaching as a transformative, exciting venture and should be required reading in all teacher education programs."
Foreword to the Second Edition by Gene Thompson-Grove
Foreword to the First Edition by Ann Lieberman
About the Authors
1. Teacher Inquiry Defined
2. The Start of Your Journey: Finding a Wondering
3. To Collaborate or Not to Collaborate: That Is the Question!
4. Developing a Research Plan: Making Inquiry a Part of Your Teaching Practice
5. Finding Your Findings: Data Analysis
6. Extending Your Learning: The Inquiry Write-Up
7. Becoming the Best Teacher and Teacher Researcher You Can Be: Assessing the Quality of Your Own and Others' Inquiry
8. The End of Your Journey: Making Your Inquiry Public