Introduction, George & Marlatt.
1. Elements of High-Risk Situations for Sex Offenders, Marques & Nelson.
2. Apparently Irrelevant Decisions in the Relapse Process, Jenkins-Hall & Marlatt.
3. Feeding the PIG: The Problem of Immediate Gratification, Marlatt.
4. Determinants of the Abstinence Violation Effect in Sexual Fantasies, Russell, Sturgeon, & Miner.
II. SOLUTIONS: ASSESSMENT.
A. High-Risk Situations.
5. Identification of Risk Factors through Clinical Interviews and Analysis of Records, Pithers, Beal, Armstrong, & Petty.
6. Use of Autobiographies in the Assessment and Treatment of Sex Offenders, Long, Wuesthoff, & Pithers.
7. Self-Monitoring to Identify High-Risk Situations, MacDonald & Pithers.
8. Direct Monitoring by Penile Plethysmography, Laws.
9. Assessment of Sexual Arousal by Means of Physio-logical and Self-Report Measures, Day, Miner, Sturgeon, & Murphy.
B. Coping Skills.
10. Assessment of Coping Skills: Development of a Situational Competency Test, Miner, Day, Nafpaktitis.
11. Self-Efficacy Ratings, Hall.
12. Relapse Fantasies, Sandberg & Marlatt.
III. SOLUTIONS: TREATMENT. A. Specific Skills Training.
13. The Decision Matrix, Jenkins-Hall.
14. High-Risk Recog-nition: The Cognitive-Behavioral Chain, Nelson & Jackson.
15. Developing Coping Strategies for High-Risk Situations, Steenman, Nelson & Viesti.
16. Coping with Urges and Craving, Carey & McGrath.
17. Relapse Rehearsal, Hall.
18. Cognitive Restructuring, Jenkins-Hall.
B. Global Interventions.
19. Lifestyle Interventions: Promoting Positive Addictions, Thompson.
20. How to Handle the PIG, Marlatt.
21. Enhancing Offender Empathy for Sexual-Abuse Victims, Hildebran & Pithers.
22. The Sex Offender Treatment and Evaluation Project: California's Relapse Prevention Program, Marques, Day, Nelson, & Miner.
23. The Center for Prevention of Child Molestation, Jenkins-Hall, Osborn, C. Anderson, K. Anderson, & Shockley-Smith.
24. Vermont Treatment Program for Sexual Aggressors, Pithers, Martin, & Cumming.
V. CAN RELAPSES BE PREVENTED?
25. Can Relapses be Prevented? Initial Outcome Data from the Vermont Treatment Program for Sexual Agressors, Pithers & Cumming.
Relapse Prevention with Sex Offenders / Edition 1by D. Richard Laws, Richard D. Laws
Pub. Date: 06/16/1989
Publisher: Guilford Publications, Inc.
RELAPSE PREVENTION WITH SEX OFFENDERS systematically presents and analyzes the core components of RP for this population. The first text to focus exclusively on relapse prevention for sex offenders, this authoritative compilation of current assessment and treatment approaches provides practitioners working in the field with a practical, step-by-step guide to
RELAPSE PREVENTION WITH SEX OFFENDERS systematically presents and analyzes the core components of RP for this population. The first text to focus exclusively on relapse prevention for sex offenders, this authoritative compilation of current assessment and treatment approaches provides practitioners working in the field with a practical, step-by-step guide to established interventions.
- Guilford Publications, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x (d)
Table of Contents
Introduction, George & Marlatt.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews