- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
"Like the subject about which she writes, Perlman engages the reader immediately, permitting a view into the author's rich and varied experiences, threaded throughout with profound compassion for all those who seek, suffer, and strive. . . . [This is] a welcome and wise effort, written with grace, sense and deep humanism. Were it in my power I would make it mandatory reading for all those who seek to offer others help."—Shirley Cooper, American Journal of Orthopsychiatry
1. Relationship Revisited
2. What Is Relationship?
3. The Helping Relationship
4. But Can You Love Everybody?
5. Relating to the "Resister"
6. Some Myths and Misconceptions
7. Relating to More Than One
8. Relating to Significant Others
9. The Heart's Reasons Comments on Terms and Readings Notes My Thanks Index