Religion and Gender / Edition 1by Ursula King
Pub. Date: 01/17/1995
This book will provide an ideal introduction to debates in the field for students and researchers concerned with the impact of women's studies and wider gender issues on religion around the world. See more details below
This book will provide an ideal introduction to debates in the field for students and researchers concerned with the impact of women's studies and wider gender issues on religion around the world.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 8.90(h) x 1.00(d)
Table of Contents
Gender and the Study of Religion: Ursula King.
Part I: Theoretical Reflections: .
1. The Epistemological Significance of Feminist Research in Religion: June O'Connor.
2. Feminist Anthropology and the Gendering of Religious Studies: Rosalind Shaw.
3. Religion and the Hermeneutics of Gender: Erin White.
4. Disputing the Sacred: Some Theoretical Approaches to Problems of Gender and Religion: Penelope Margaret Magee.
5. God and Gender: Some Reflections on Women's Invocation of the Divine: Morny Joy.
6. The Return of the Goddess: Psychoanalytic Reflections on the Shift from Theology to Thealogy: Naomi Goldenberg.
7. Religion and Magic in the Modern Cults of the Great Goddess: Donate Pahnke.
8. Spirituality, Consciousness and Gender Identification: A Neo-Feminist Perspective: Felicity Edwards.
Part II: Empirical Investigations:.
9. Women Researching, Women Researched: Gender as an Issue in the Empirical Study of Religion: Kim Knott.
10. A Question of Identity: Women Scholars and the Study of Religion: Ursula King.
11. Women's Studies of the Christian Tradition: New Perspectives: Kari Borresen.
12. Women and New Religious Movements in Africa: Rosalind I. J. Hackett.
13. Liberator or Pacifier: Religion and Women in Japan: Marilyn F. Nefsy.
Notes on Contributors.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >