- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This book will provide an ideal introduction to debates in the field for students and researchers concerned with the impact of women's studies and wider gender issues on religion around the world.
Gender and the Study of Religion: Ursula King.
Part I: Theoretical Reflections: .
1. The Epistemological Significance of Feminist Research inReligion: June O'Connor.
2. Feminist Anthropology and the Gendering of Religious Studies:Rosalind Shaw.
3. Religion and the Hermeneutics of Gender: Erin White.
4. Disputing the Sacred: Some Theoretical Approaches to Problemsof Gender and Religion: Penelope Margaret Magee.
5. God and Gender: Some Reflections on Women's Invocation of theDivine: Morny Joy.
6. The Return of the Goddess: Psychoanalytic Reflections on theShift from Theology to Thealogy: Naomi Goldenberg.
7. Religion and Magic in the Modern Cults of the Great Goddess:Donate Pahnke.
8. Spirituality, Consciousness and Gender Identification: ANeo-Feminist Perspective: Felicity Edwards.
Part II: Empirical Investigations:.
9. Women Researching, Women Researched: Gender as an Issue inthe Empirical Study of Religion: Kim Knott.
10. A Question of Identity: Women Scholars and the Study ofReligion: Ursula King.
11. Women's Studies of the Christian Tradition: NewPerspectives: Kari Borresen.
12. Women and New Religious Movements in Africa: Rosalind I. J.Hackett.
13. Liberator or Pacifier: Religion and Women in Japan: MarilynF. Nefsy.
Notes on Contributors.