This book examines the relationship between religion and Society in Europe in the last 200 years.
Table of Contents
Part I: The Heritage and the Break.
1. An All-Christian Europe.
2. The Tradition Regime.
3. The Breach.
Part II: Permanent Facts.
4. 'The Religious Question' : Issues at Stake.
5. Opposing Forces and Traditions.
6. Rome and Papacy.
7. Religion and Nation. Two Universal Realities.
Part III: The Liberal Era of Secularization.
8. From Confessional State to State Neutrality.
9. From the Liberal State to Separation.
Part IV: The Second Era of Secularization.
10. Lasting Elements.
11. Factors of Renewal.
12. The Other Aspect of Secularization: The Churches' Independence.
13. An Amicable Secularization.
14. A Latent Secularization.
15. Today and Tommorrow.
Suggestions for Further Reading (in English).
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >