- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
It covers the cell and molecular biology of these systems, with contributions on renin synthesis, uptake and the intracellular signalling pathways. Particular ...
Ships from: Phoenix, AZ
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
It covers the cell and molecular biology of these systems, with contributions on renin synthesis, uptake and the intracellular signalling pathways. Particular insight comes from transgenic mouse models in which either mouse or human genes for various components of the renin angiotensin system are expressed. Other topics covered include wound healing as well as the trophic effects of aldosterone.
List of Contributors.
1. Intracellular Signaling and the Cardiac Renin Angiotensin System (George W. Booz and Kenneth M. Baker).
2. Cardiac Physiology and the Renin-Angiotensin System: Lessons from Transgenic Animal Models.(Alisdair Ryding and John J. Mullins).
3. Prorenin Uptake in the Heart (A. H. Jan Danser).
4. Role of Local Renin-angiotensin Systems in Cardiac Damage (Michael Bader).
5. Cardiac Renin: De novo Synthesis and Uptake (Jörg Peters).
6. The Cardiac Renin Receptors (Geneviéve Nguyen, Céline Burckle and Benjamin Tremey).
7. Angiotensin II AT2 Receptors and Cardiac Function (Jun Suzuki, Takanori Kanazawa, Masaru Iwai and Masatsugu Horiuch).
8. The Heart; A Target for the Renin Angiotension System. Evidence of an intracrine system (Walmor C. De Mello).
9. ACE2: Its Role in the Counter-Regulatory Response to Heart Failure (Lawrence S. Zisman).
10. Wound Healing and the Tissue Renin-Angiotensin-Aldosterone System (Yao Sun and Karl T. Weber).
11. Trophic Effects of Aldosterone (Claude Delcayre, Christophe Heymes, Paul Milliez and Bernard Swynghedauw).
12. Intracellular Angiotensin and the Actions of Intracrine Hormones (Richard N. Re).
13. Angiotensin II and Myocardial Fibrosis, Clinical Implications (Begona López, Arantxa González and Javier Díez).
14. Hypertensive Heart Disease: Significance of Renin Angiotensin System (Jasmina Varagic and Edward D Frohlich).