- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Naperville, IL
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
The Fifth Edition of Research Methods for Social Workers includes new information on needs assessment, how quantitative and qualitative methods can be used together, more coverage of ethical issues throughout the text and an updated literature review section.
Highlights of the Fifth Edition:
• Revised material on program evaluation, including content on the use of needs assessments in existing programs, and on how quantitative and qualitative methods can be used together to produce more accurate data.
• Evaluation of research practice is discussed alongside research data in order to help build a professional base of knowledge.
• Special emphasis of ethical issues appears in the discussions of program evaluations and single system research.
• Added content is included on various methods of evaluating individual practice effectiveness.
• An up-to-date literature review section reflects changes such as Internet searches and discusses the different uses of the literature review in qualitative and quantitative studies.
Don’t Miss These Exciting Value-Added Options!
Research Navigator Guide for the Helping Professions
Research Navigator Guide for the Helping Professions is the easiest way for students to start a research assignment or research paper. Complete with extensive help on the research process and four exclusive databases of credible and reliable source material including the EBSCO Academic Journal and Abstract Database, New York Times Search by Subject Archive, "Best of the Web" Link Library, and Financial Times Article Archive and Company Financials, Research Navigator helpsstudents quickly and efficiently make the most of their research time. Research Navigator Guide for the Helping Professions is available FREE when packaged with this text: 0-205-46806-3.
SPSS Student software available at a reduced price when value packed with Research Methods for Social Workers 5/e. Contact your local A&B representative for more details. www.ablongman.com/replocator
|1||Toward evidence-based practice||3|
|2||Ethical issues in research||31|
|3||Research problems and questions||55|
|4||Finding and using existing knowledge||71|
|5||Focused research questions and research hypotheses||89|
|6||Definitions and general characteristics||109|
|7||Common methods for acquiring research data||139|
|8||Other ways to describe research||165|
|9||Sampling issues and options||191|
|10||Measurement concepts and issues||211|
|11||Data collection instruments||231|
|12||Analyzing data and disseminating findings||253|
|14||Evaluating individual practice effectiveness||305|