Resilient Classrooms, First Edition: Creating Healthy Environments for Learning / Edition 1by Beth Doll, Steven Zucker, Katherine Brehm, Steven Zucker
Pub. Date: 03/12/2004
Publisher: Guilford Publications, Inc.
Grounded in cutting-edge theory and research, this book presents innovative, classroom-based strategies for promoting the academic competence and mental health of students at risk. Easy-to-implement procedures are described that enlist the involvement of school practitioners, teachers, and students in creating nurturing, success-oriented classroom environments.… See more details below
Grounded in cutting-edge theory and research, this book presents innovative, classroom-based strategies for promoting the academic competence and mental health of students at risk. Easy-to-implement procedures are described that enlist the involvement of school practitioners, teachers, and students in creating nurturing, success-oriented classroom environments. Readers are guided step by step to understand what makes a classroom a healthy place to learn; recognize when essential socioemotional supports are missing; intervene to put those supports in place; and demonstrate the positive effects on student learning and development. The volume is designed for maximum ease of use with a large-size format and lay-flat binding. Special features include helpful reproducible worksheets and forms.
This title is part of the Practical Intervention in the Schools Series, edited by Kenneth W. Merrell.
- Guilford Publications, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Guilford Practical Intervention in the Schools Series
- Edition description:
- First Edition, (Lay-Flat Paperback)
- Product dimensions:
- 8.50(w) x 11.00(h) x 0.38(d)
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to the Resilient Classroom
2. What Are Resilient Classrooms?
3. Relationship Characteristics of Resilient Classrooms
4. Self-Agency Characteristics of Resilient Classrooms
5. Assessing the Resilience of Classrooms
6. Convening the Systems for Change
7. Including the Classroom's Students in Planning and Decision Making
8. Developing and Implementing Strategies for Classroom Change
9. Evaluating the Impact on Students
10. Integrating the Resilient Classroom with Existing School Mental Health Services
Appendix A. The ClassMaps Surveys
Appendix B. The Worksheets
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >