Respiratory Care Anatomy and Physiology: Foundations for Clinical Practice / Edition 1by Will Beachey, Beachey
With an in-depth, clinical focus, this definitive new text teaches the basic anatomy of the pulmonary, cardiovascular, and renal systems. It also details the physiological principles underlying various therapeutic, diagnostic, and monitoring therapies and procedures -- all with depth and precision in each subject area. Each chapter includes: introduction, learning… See more details below
With an in-depth, clinical focus, this definitive new text teaches the basic anatomy of the pulmonary, cardiovascular, and renal systems. It also details the physiological principles underlying various therapeutic, diagnostic, and monitoring therapies and procedures -- all with depth and precision in each subject area. Each chapter includes: introduction, learning objectives, key terms, numerous tables and full-color drawings, "Clinical Focus" boxes, "Concept Questions" sprinkled throughout, chapter summary, and references.
* Focused clinical coverage -- the first to cover the subject with an in-depth and truly clinical focus.
• Beautifully illustrated full-color text -- the only full-color respiratory care A&P text available!
• Thorough coverage of the renal system and its role in maintaining acid-base balance and fluid volume as well as its effect on the health of the cardiopulmonary system.
• Extensive cardiac section, including entire chapters on electrophysiology and ECG.
• "Clinical Focus" boxes strategically placed within each chapter apply concepts from the classroom to clinical situations and challenge students to consider how their understanding of physiology will carry over to clinical practice.
• "Concept Questions" throughout help students immediately evaluate their comprehension and retention of material.
• Progressive learning objectives designed to challenge, provoke thought, and make learning interactive.
• Key terms bolded throughout and defined at the back of the book, making learning and reviewing easier for the reader.
• Student-friendly writing style presents challenging material in an engaging and understandable way.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.50(w) x 10.70(h) x 0.30(d)
- Age Range:
- 18 Years
Table of ContentsI. The Respiratory System 1. The Conducting Airways and Alveoli 2. The Lungs, Chest Wall and Respiratory Muscles 3. Mechanics of Ventilation 4. Ventilation 5. Pulmonary function Measurements 6. Pulmonary Blood Flow 7. Gas Diffusion 8. Oxygen Equilibrium and Transport 9. Carbon Dioxide Equilibrium and Transport 10. Acid-Base Regulation 11. Control of Ventilation 12. Ventilation-Perfusion Relationships and Arterial Blood Gases 13. Clinical Assessment of Acid-Base and Oxygenation Status II. The Cardiovascular System 14. Functional Anatomy of the Cardiovascular System 15. Cardiac Electrophysiology 16. The Electrocardiogram and Cardiac Arrhythmias 17. Control of Cardiac Output and Hemodynamics III. Integrated Function in Exercise 18. Cardiopulmonary Response to Exercise in Health, Disease, and Aging IV. The Renal System 19. Renal Regulation of Fluids, Electrolytes, and Acid-Base Balance Appendices Symbols and Abbreviations Used in Cardiopulmonary Physiology
• Units of Measure
• Equation Derivations
• DuBois Body Surface Area Chart
• Answers to Concept Questions
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >