- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This handy, easy-to-use drug reference for respiratory therapists in hospital or home health settings provides essential information on the broad range of drugs that respiratory therapists encounter in clinical situations, plus drug precautions and interactions. Emphasis is on drugs that affect the cardiopulmonary system, such as anti-hypertensives, anti-infective drugs, diuretics, corticosteriods, and narcotics. Drugs commonly used in modern medicine are listed alphabetically under their generic names. The individual listings include trade names; the drug's functional and chemical classes; the drug's action, uses, dosage and routes; available forms; side effects/adverse reactions; contraindications and precautions; interactions/incompatibilities; laboratory test interferences; and overdose treatments. Each drug's entry includes respiratory care considerations which identify the respiratory aspects of the drug with which therapists must be familiar.
The book contains no figures.
Contents: MONOGRAPHS ON CLASSES OF DRUGS
• ALPHABETICAL LISTING OF GENERIC DRUGS
• Appendix A U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency
• Schedule of Controlled Substances
• Appendix B U.S. Food and Drug Administration
• Pregnancy Risk Categories
• Appendix C Frequently Used Drugs in the Treatment of Pulmonary and Cardiovascular Conditions
• Appendix D Resource
• Drug Name Index