Responding to Older Adults with Substance Use, Mental Health and Gambling Challenges: A Guide for Workers and Volunteersby Camh
This easy-to-read booklet is designed to help workers and volunteers understand and recognize signs of problems. The booklet describes each of the following problem
Understanding how substance use, mental health and gambling problems affect older adults can help people who work with them to respond more sensitively and effectively when difficult situations arise.
This easy-to-read booklet is designed to help workers and volunteers understand and recognize signs of problems. The booklet describes each of the following problem areas, as they relate to older adults:
• alcohol problems
• gambling problems
• medication issues.
Tips on communicating with older adults with each of these problems are included, as are guidelines on when to seek help.
The booklet also includes:
• facts about the aging process
• a discussion of cultural issues
• lists of organizations offering information about services for older adults with substance use, mental health and gambling challenges
• further resources on the web, and in print.
Administrators and managers of services and facilities for older adults are encouraged to order this booklet for their staff.
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.11(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >