Response to Intervention: Principles and Strategies for Effective Practice / Edition 1by Rachel Brown-Chidsey, Mark W. Steege
Pub. Date: 10/24/2005
Publisher: Guilford Publications, Inc.
Meeting a key need, this is the first comprehensive guide to implementing a schoolwide response to intervention (RTI) program. The book is geared to helping practitioners understand and respond to No Child Left Behind and to the new special education eligibility guidelines outlined in IDEIA 2004. Presented are the theoretical and empirical foundations of the… See more details below
Meeting a key need, this is the first comprehensive guide to implementing a schoolwide response to intervention (RTI) program. The book is geared to helping practitioners understand and respond to No Child Left Behind and to the new special education eligibility guidelines outlined in IDEIA 2004. Presented are the theoretical and empirical foundations of the approach and a clear, 10-step model for conducting RTI procedures with students experiencing learning difficulties. Special features include reproducible planning and implementation worksheets and more than two dozen overhead transparency masters for use in RTI training sessions, with lay-flat binding to facilitate photocopying. For optimal utility, RTI training materials are also available online as PowerPoint slides and PDFs (www.guilford.com/rti).
- Guilford Publications, Inc.
- Publication date:
- The Guilford Practical Intervention in the Schools Series Series
- Edition description:
- First Edition, (Lay-Flat Paperback)
- Product dimensions:
- 8.20(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.50(d)
Table of Contents
1. Introduction: What Is Response to Intervention (RTI)?
2. NCLB, IDEIA, and RTI: Linkages across National Education Policies
3. RTI Instead of Discrepancy Models
4. Evidence-Based Interventions
5. Single-Subject Experimental Design
6. Single-Subject Research and RTI: A Natural Collaboration
7. Using RTI Procedures for Assessment of Academic Difficulties
8. Using RTI Procedures with Students from Diverse Backgrounds: Considering Ability, Culture, Language, Race, and Religion
9. Using RTI Procedures as Part of Special Education Eligibility Decision Making
10. RTI Reports: Formal Evidence of Student Progress
11.Training Educators to Use RTI Methods
12. Frequently Asked Questions...and Our Best Responses: Some Conclusions about RTI
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >