Response to Intervention, Second Edition: Principles and Strategies for Effective Practice / Edition 2by Rachel Brown-Chidsey, Mark W. Steege
Pub. Date: 08/27/2010
Publisher: Guilford Publications, Inc.
This bestselling work provides practitioners with a complete guide to implementing response to intervention (RTI) in schools. The authors are leading experts who explain the main components of RTI high-quality instruction, frequent assessment, and data-based decision making and show how to use it to foster positive academic and behavioral outcomes for all students.
This bestselling work provides practitioners with a complete guide to implementing response to intervention (RTI) in schools. The authors are leading experts who explain the main components of RTI high-quality instruction, frequent assessment, and data-based decision making and show how to use it to foster positive academic and behavioral outcomes for all students. Implementation procedures are described in step-by-step detail. In a large-size format with lay-flat binding to facilitate photocopying, the book includes reproducible planning and implementation worksheets. Book purchasers can download an accompanying PowerPoint presentation for use in RTI training from Guilford's website: www.guilford.com/rti. New to this edition: includes extensive new research that reflects the increasing adoption of RTI nationwide; expanded to include behavioral interventions; a chapter on effective instructional practices for general education; a chapter on implementation at the whole-school and district levels; and a chapter featuring multiple intervention case studies.
- Guilford Publications, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Guilford Practical Intervention in the Schools Series
- Edition description:
- Second Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.00(w) x 10.50(h) x (d)
- Age Range:
- 5 - 17 Years
Table of Contents
1. Introduction: What Is Response to Intervention (RTI)?
2. Using Scientifically Based Instruction: NCLB, IDEA, ARRA, and RTI
3. RTI and Special Education: Prospects and Possibilities
4. Evidence-Based Interventions
5. Single-Subject Experimental Design
6. How to Teach So That Students Will Learn: Key Components of Effective Instruction and Assessment
7. RTI Procedures: 10 Steps to Address Learning and Behavior Difficulties
8. Using RTI Procedures with Students from Diverse Backgrounds: Considering Ability, Culture, Language, Race, and Religion
9. Developing RTI Blueprints: Connecting the Dots
10. Case Examples of RTI in Action: Experimental Analysis of Effective Instruction
11. RTI Reports: Formal Evidence of Student Progress
12. Frequently Asked Questions: Some Answers about RTI
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >