- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Timely, authoritative, and practical—an incomparable guide to the crucial "difference makers" that keep patrons coming back. When it comes to customer satisfaction, good food served in a timely and attractive manner is only half the story. Restaurant Service takes you beyond those basics to offer a comprehensive guide to important rituals and amenities that make customers feel comfortable and turn a meal into a memorable event. This incomparable how-to guide features:
* Step-by-step guidance on extraordinary table and guest service—from meeting, greeting, and seating, to coat and parcel check, taking reservations, and handling customer complaints
* A comprehensive guide to buying, storing, displaying, preparing, and serving wines, liquors, and other beverages
* Detailed procedures for service setup and administration
* How to feature and serve luxuries and regional specialties that add sizzle to your menu
* ADA requirements and how to comply with them
* And more
Customer satisfaction relies as much on your establishment's courtesy skills as on the quality of the food and the elegance of the surroundings. Timely, authoritative, and extremely practical, Restaurant Service is an incomparable guide to all the important "difference makers" that keep patrons coming back.
GUEST COURTESIES: THE DIFFERENCE MAKERS.
Lost and Found.
Guests and Employees with Disabilities.
AT THE TABLE: BEYOND THE FIRST IMPRESSIONS.
Wine and Liquor Service.
THE ''SIZZLE,'' OR, WHY RETURN.
Ceremonial Coffee and Tea Service.
Extravagant Foods—The Magic of Caviar.
A PRIMER ON WINE SERVICE.
Wine: What Is It?.
Tasting, Storing, and Drinking Wine.
Wines of the World.
Basic Personnel Policies.