Restorative Neurology: Advances in Pharmacotherapy for Recovery after Stroke / Edition 1by Larry B. Goldstein
Pub. Date: 01/28/1998
This timely and thorough book focuses on pharmacotherapeutical strategies for facilitating the functional recovery of patients with stroke-related neurological impairments. Clinicians should find the sections on measuring stroke-related impairments and disabilities, clinical data of drug effects on recovery, and the use of antidepressant medications during the… See more details below
This timely and thorough book focuses on pharmacotherapeutical strategies for facilitating the functional recovery of patients with stroke-related neurological impairments. Clinicians should find the sections on measuring stroke-related impairments and disabilities, clinical data of drug effects on recovery, and the use of antidepressant medications during the recovery period, to be of particular practical interest. By providing a broad overview of current studies - and an insight analysis of their clinical implications - the reader will surely gain a more confident understanding of how these emerging pharmacotherapies can work to enhance the recovery of stroke patients.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 6.30(w) x 9.30(h) x 0.92(d)
Table of Contents
1. Brain Injury and Theories of Recovery (D.G. Stein).
2. Mechanisms of Noradrenergic Modulation of Physical Therapy: Effects on Functional Recovery After Cortical Injury (D.M. Feeney).
3. Acetylocholinle and Recovery of Function Following Brain Injury (R.M. Saponjic, M.R. Hoane, T.M. Barth).
4. GABAergic Drugs and Neuroplasticity after Brain Injury: Impact on Functional Recovery (T. Schallert, T.D. Hernandez).
5. Effects of Glutamate Antagonists on the Recovery and Maintenance of Behavioral Functions After Brain Injury (T.M. Barth, M.R. Hoane, S. Barbay).
6. Neurotrophic Factors and Transplants (B.B. Johansson).
7. Ganglioside Treatments in Animal Models of Stroke (G.L. Dunbar).
8. CDPD-Choline (Citicoline): Potential Mechanisms of Action and Preliminary Results in Human Stroke (I. Lopez-Coviella, W.M. Clark, S. Warach, B. Sandage, J. Agut, J.A. Ortiz, R.J. Wurtman)\.
9. The Role of Neuroimaging in Stroke Recovery (Y. Samson, P. Belin, P. Remy, M. Zilbovicius, L. Spelle, G. Rancurel).
10. Measuring Recovery of Function After Stroke: Clinical and Measurement Issues in Selecting Stroke Outcome Measures in Clinical Trials (P.W. Duncan).
11. Potential Impact of Drugs on Post-Stroke Motor Recovery (L.B. Goldstein).
12. Pharmacotherapy in the Treatment of Aphasia (D. Walker-Batson).
13. Antidepressant Effects on Recovery (I. Miyai, M. Reding).
14. Clnical Studies of the Effects of GM1 Ganglioside on Recovery From Ischemic Stroke (M. Alter).
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >