Master Waysun Liao studied t’ai chi in a Taoist temple in his native Taiwan from the age of twelve. He is the founder and master of the Taichi Tao Center in Oak Park, Illinois, where he has taught for nearly forty years.
Restoring Your Life Energy: Simple Chi Gung Practices to Reduce Stress and Enhance Well-Beingby Waysun Liao
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
In our busy lives we are bombarded by energy that taxes us and depletes our chi. This book of simple movements and meditations drawn from the Chinese arts of t'ai chi and chi gung will help restore your life energy, known as chi. Chi, according to traditional Chinese medicine, is the fuel and essence that connects body, mind, and spirit, and without it we fall apart physically, mentally, and spiritually. In Restoring Your Life Energy, well-known and respected t'ai chi master Waysun Liao explains why protecting our chi is so important, how chi gets taxed and damaged in our lives, and how to restore it. He explains:
- The three levels of healing—physical, mental, and energetic/spiritual: what they are, why it is important to understand them, and how to target our practice to address each level;
- Moving meditation, a powerful way of restoring chi (once we learn to sense the flow of chi, we can actually direct healing chi energy to areas in our body that need attention);
- And how to integrate our knowledge of chi with conventional advice regarding diet, exercise, and medication.
- Shambhala Publications, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- Sales rank:
- File size:
- 2 MB
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >