About the Authors.
PART ONE: HIGHER EDUCATION’ S CHANGING CONTEXT.
1. The Changing Context for Faculty Work and Workplaces.
2. Trends in the National Workplace.
3. Faculty Appointments and Faculty Members: Diversification, Growth, and Diversity.
4. The Academic Profession Today: Diverse Appointments to Meet Diverse Needs.
5. Attracting and Retaining Excellent Faculty.
PART TWO: THE FRAMEWORK.
6. The Framework of Essential Elements.
7. Respect: The Foundation for the Essential Elements.
8. Shared Responsibility and Joint Leadership.
PART THREE: THE ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS.
9. Equity in Academic Appointments.
10. Academic Freedom.
11. Ensuring Flexibility in Academic Appointments.
12. Professional Growth.
14. Why Rethink Faculty Work and Workplaces? A Call to Action.