- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Foreword by Alan L. Berger
Introduction: Why? The Genesis of My Own Thinking
1. The Problem with God
2. Covenant: Involuntary? Voluntary? Nonexistent?
3. The Crises of Prayer
4. Halakhah and Mitzvot: Law and Commandments—
The Heart of the Matter
5. Rethinking the Jewish Life Cycle: From Birth to Death
6. Rethinking the Jewish Festival Cycle:
The Calendar in Question
7. Israel and Zionism in the Post-Shoah World
8. Rethinking Christianity: An Outsider's Perspective
9. Summarizing: Is Such Even Possible?
Appendix I: "[If] There Is No 'Commander'? ...
There Are No 'Commandments'!"
Appendix II: "Rethinking Jewish [and Christian?] Faith in Light of the Holocaust:
The Response of the Child of a Survivor"
Notes and Bibliography
About the Author