Retinaby Stephen J. Ryan, Andrew P. Schachat, Charles P. Wilkinson, David R. Hinton
Unequalled in scope, depth, and clinical precision, Retina, 5th Edition keeps you at the forefront of today’s new technologies, surgical approaches, and diagnostic and therapeutic options for retinal diseases and disorders. Comprehensively updated to reflect everything you need to know regarding retinal diagnosis, treatment, development,/b>/i>/b>
Unequalled in scope, depth, and clinical precision, Retina, 5th Edition keeps you at the forefront of today’s new technologies, surgical approaches, and diagnostic and therapeutic options for retinal diseases and disorders. Comprehensively updated to reflect everything you need to know regarding retinal diagnosis, treatment, development, structure, function, and pathophysiology, this monumental ophthalmology reference work equips you with expert answers to virtually any question you may face in practice.
- Consult this title on your favorite e-reader with intuitive search tools and adjustable font sizes. Elsevier eBooks provide instant portable access to your entire library, no matter what device you're using or where you're located.
- Examine and evaluate the newest diagnostic technologies and approaches that are changing the management of retinal disease, including future technologies which will soon become the standard.
- Put the very latest scientific and genetic discoveries, diagnostic imaging methods, drug therapies, treatment recommendations, and surgical techniques to work in your practice.
- Benefit from the extensive knowledge and experience of esteemed editor Dr. Stephen Ryan, five expert co-editors, and a truly global perspective from 358 other world authorities across Europe, Asia, Australasia, and the Americas.
- Make the best use of new technologies with expanded and updated coverage of optical coherence tomography (OCT), fundus imaging, and autofluorescence imaging.
- Apply the latest knowledge on anti-VEGF therapy for age related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy and vein disease.
- Learn about artificial vision, drug delivery to the posterior segment, advances in macular surgery, vitrectomy, and complex retinal detachment, with updates on tumors, retinal genetics, cell biology, important basic science topics, and much more.
- Get the most out of new pharmacologic approaches in the management of age-related macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy.
- In your practice, diagnostic evaluations, and now even treatments, will be influenced by recent scientific discoveries such as in the areas of nanotechnology, neuro protection, stem cells and gene therapy, among other scientific contributions.
- View videos of surgical procedures and access the complete contents of Retina, 5th Edition online at www.expertconsult.com, fully searchable, with regular updates and a downloadable image gallery.
Description: This second edition of a book originally published in 1989 is a summary of current knowledge of retinal physiology and pathology.
Purpose: The author has attempted to distill the current knowledge of medical/surgical practice and basic science retina research into a three-volume reference book. Although the author acknowledges that no textbook can be entirely complete and current, he has done a marvelous job.
Audience: The book is written for ophthalmologists and retina specialists, although aspects are suitable for residents, basic science researchers, and others. More than 180 authors, many of whom are internationally renowned, have contributed.
Features: The book is well organized. Volume I covers inherited retinal diseases, ocular tumors, and aspects of basic science research. Volume II addresses medical retina. Volume III deals with retinal detachments and other diseases that generally require surgical intervention. Chapters are stylistically similar to those in the first edition, and the volumes will seem familiar to readers who have used the first edition. Most chapters in this second edition have significant, although not major, additions and revisions that are generally excellent. Chapters unique to the second edition deal with indocyanine angiography, submacular surgery, and pediatric surgery, to name a few.
Assessment: This reference textbook is essential to any practicing ophthalmologist or resident who has more than a passing interest in diseases and treatment of the retina. It is comprehensive and very well written, dealing with nearly all aspects of retinal disease. Ophthalmologists who have the first edition probably will not be compelled to obtain the second, but all others will want to have a copy of this edition.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 101 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >