- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Diamond Bar, CA
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
* An updated, flexible meal plan-includes new information on which types of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats you should be eating
* More than 100 new kitchen-tested recipes-with full nutritional breakdowns
* The latest findings on the dangers of insulin resistance-and how to correct it
* Up-to-the-minute information on the pros and cons of insulin and oral diabetic drugs
* New shopping lists and details on salt and sugar substitutes
* Nutritional supplement suggestions that may reduce the need for drugs and help prevent eye problems and other diabetic complications ...all the lifestyle guidance you need to become as drug-free as you possibly can!
TAKE CHARGE OF TYPE 2 DIABETES WITH...
* A diet designed to improve insulin sensitivity
* The right dietary balance of carbohydrates, protein, and fat
* Exercises that clear the blood of glucose, contribute to weight loss, improve blood flow, and strengthen the heart
* Nutritional supplement suggestions such as fish oil, vitamins, minerals, and herbs
* Additional therapies for diabetic complications including topical ointments, chelation, and hyperbaric oxygen
Now completely revised and updated, this bestselling guide will arm you with safer-and equally effective-ways of treating diabetes than the popular drugs that have become first-line therapy. Through a sensible diet, exercise, and specific nutritional supplement suggestions, you can dramatically improve blood sugar control...reduce-if not eliminate-reliance on medication...and decrease your risk of the complications and other diseases associated with diabetes.
The author of the bestselling Reversing Heart Disease returns with a proven program that allows diabetes to reduce or eliminate dependency on insulin or drugs and control their condition--naturally and effectively--with diet and exercise.
|Part I||Knowing What to Expect||1|
|1||What to Expect If You Have Diabetes||3|
|2||What to Expect of This Book||11|
|Part II||The Basis of the Diet Solution||25|
|3||How Diet Can Improve Insulin Sensitivity||27|
|4||Too Much Protein Can Be Dangerous||46|
|5||Exercise: A Must for the Diabetic||62|
|6||Vitamin and Mineral Supplementation||78|
|Part III||Problems of Too-Aggressive Treatment||99|
|7||Insulin: The Dangers of Excess||101|
|8||The Oral Drugs||121|
|9||Additional Drugs in the Diabetic Patient||142|
|Part IV||A Month of Menus: Recipes and Meal Plans||159|
|Part V||Patient Testimonials||359|
Posted June 24, 2012
This book taught me more about controlling my diabetes than any other material. I have been able to lower my blood sugar through what I have read and practiced!
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted May 3, 2012
No text was provided for this review.