Review of Orthopaedicsby Mark D. Miller
Mark D. Miller, MD and a team of respected Orthopaedic surgeons have distilled the broad body of available orthopaedics literature into a single concise review source. With its easy-to-read outline format and abundant charts, tables, and illustrations, this best-selling title places vast volumes of essential, up-to-date information at readers' fingertips. The Fourth… See more details below
Mark D. Miller, MD and a team of respected Orthopaedic surgeons have distilled the broad body of available orthopaedics literature into a single concise review source. With its easy-to-read outline format and abundant charts, tables, and illustrations, this best-selling title places vast volumes of essential, up-to-date information at readers' fingertips. The Fourth Edition has been completely updated to reflect all of the most current concepts and techniques.
- Synthesizes material from a broad spectrum of review courses · textbooks · journal articles · Academy publications ·
- Presents succinct, yet thorough synopses of a wide range of key operative techniques
- Features authors who are all fellowship trained and well published in their areas of expertise, including newly board-certified practitioners as well as experienced surgeons...for well-rounded coverage of all aspects of the field.
- Incorporates material from the most recent Orthopaedic In-Training Exam and self-assessment exams.
- Features new authors for five chapters (Pediatrics, Foot and Ankle, Hand, Adult Trauma, and Anatomy), offering completely fresh perspectives on those areas.
- Offers an increased number of tables and many updated illustrations -- 350 in all -- to foster efficient learning.
With 25 additional expert contributors
Description: This second edition is a review of current orthopedic knowledge, both basic science and clinical, in an expanded outline form.
Purpose: The purpose was to distill orthopedic knowledge into an easy-to-use self-study guide.
Audience: The primary audience is orthopedic residents reviewing for in-training exams. It is also a review text for practitioners taking board exams or recertification. Medical students may find it helpful during clinical rotations.
Features: Its unique features are its concise, well-organized outline format and appropriate illustrations.
Assessment: This is a very user-friendly book for those studying before test time. This book is comprehensive in its overall scope and concise in its distillation of core knowledge. Although not designed for reference libraries, it should be a big seller in medical bookstores.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.50(w) x 10.84(h) x 1.04(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >