"My lasting impression of this book was the very same as the first time I opened these two lavish volumes and that was - wow! This two volume set is a spectacular and seemingly comprehensive review of rheumatology. Now in its sixth edition, it is a huge production with a large number of contributors from numerous countries all over the world. It is expertly edited and seamlessly put together. There is plenty of good basic and interesting yet relevant science here as well as a seemingly comprehensive review of the clinical aspects of rheumatology. I would suspect this is the nearest you would get to an encyclopaedia of rheumatology." Reviewed by Dr. Harry Brown, on behalf of glycosmedia.com, December 2014
Rheumatology, 2-Volume Setby Marc C. Hochberg, Alan J. Silman, Josef S. Smolen, Michael E. Weinblatt
Stay current in the ever-changing discipline of rheumatology with clear, reliable guidance from Hochberg's Rheumatology, one of the most respected and trusted sources in the field. Designed to meet the needs of the practicing clinician, this medical reference book provides extensive, authoritative coverage of rheumatic diseases from basic scientific principles to
Stay current in the ever-changing discipline of rheumatology with clear, reliable guidance from Hochberg's Rheumatology, one of the most respected and trusted sources in the field. Designed to meet the needs of the practicing clinician, this medical reference book provides extensive, authoritative coverage of rheumatic diseases from basic scientific principles to practical points of clinical management in a lucid, logical, user-friendly manner.
"My lasting impression of this book was the very same as the first time I opened these two lavish volumes and that was - wow! This two volume set is a spectacular and seemingly comprehensive review of rheumatology."Reviewed by: Dr Harry Brown, Jan 2015
"..a spectacular and seemingly comprehensive review of rheumatology." Reviewed by Dr. Harry Brown, on behalf of glycosmedia.com, December 2014
• Track disease progression and treat patients more effectively with the information on genetic findings, imaging outcomes, cell and biologic therapies, rheumatoid arthritis, and SLE.
• Incorporate recent findings about pathogenesis of disease; imaging outcomes for specific diseases like RA, osteoarthritis, and spondyloarthropathies; cell and biologic therapies; and other timely topics.
• Remain up to date on the latest information in rheumatology through 13 brand-new chapters covering biomedical and translation science, disease and outcome assessment, new imaging modalities, early emerging disease, clinical therapeutics, patient management, and rehabilitation.
• Take advantage of expanded coverage of small molecule treatment, biologics, biomarkers, epigenetics, biosimilars, and cell-based therapies.
• Focus on the core knowledge needed for successful results with each chapter co-authored by an internationally-renowned specialist in the field.
• Easily find the information you need thanks to a consistent, user-friendly format with templated content and large-scale images.
• Access the full text online at Expert Consult.
Fully revised, the new edition of the celebrated Hochberg is a must-have for every rheumatologist.
Description: This is an update of an excellent resource for practicing and training rheumatologists, as well as other healthcare professionals interested in musculoskeletal disorders. It provides comprehensive information from basic science to clinical knowledge. The previous edition was published in 2011.
Purpose: The purpose is to provide an easily accessible, user-friendly, comprehensive resource for those interested in rheumatology. This book does this well by bringing together a large group of the world's authorities on the subject.
Audience: As the preface states, the book is written for "all practicing and academic rheumatologists as well as arthritis-related health care professionals and scientists interested in disorders of the musculoskeletal system." This is an excellent resource for people in rheumatology training and beyond
Features: This is a comprehensive review of rheumatology, including major and rare disease entities. It includes valuable epidemiological, basic science, and clinical practice information on each of the subjects, including relevant scientific studies. The color-coded sections make finding topics relatively easy. The figures and tables are extremely helpful in learning the material.
Assessment: This is a well-organized book written by the leaders in the field. It is a recommended resource for all practicing in the field of rheumatology.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 10.50(w) x 12.10(h) x 3.30(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >