- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Still wondering who to vote for?
Well, wonder no more. In Rick & Bubba for President you'll discover that the two self-proclaimed "Sexiest FatMen Alive" are exactly what Washington needs. From global warming ("We'd get involved, but it's just been so doggone hot lately."), to updating Air Force One ("Hasn't it gone without a pizza over long enough?"), it's obvious that Rick and Bubba have the fresh ideas that Americans have been waiting ...
Still wondering who to vote for?
Well, wonder no more. In Rick & Bubba for President you'll discover that the two self-proclaimed "Sexiest FatMen Alive" are exactly what Washington needs. From global warming ("We'd get involved, but it's just been so doggone hot lately."), to updating Air Force One ("Hasn't it gone without a pizza over long enough?"), it's obvious that Rick and Bubba have the fresh ideas that Americans have been waiting for.
Whether male or female, Republican, Democrat, Independent, or undecided, we canall agree on one thing: two heads of state have got to be better than one. So get out the White House barbeque! Rick and Bubba are headed to Washington!
BONUS! Includes a "Best of Rick & Bubba" CD!
The idea of a co-presidency is relatively new to the American political scene. The closest we've come to such a concept is Bill and Hillary Clinton, or Hillary and Bill, depending on the election year.
The idea has some merit, and some say it's long overdue. That is why this November you will have the opportunity to elect a new type of candidate. We want to be the first official co-presidency candidates in America.
What are the advantages of a Rick and Bubba co-presidency?
* We could save the country a fortune by taking advantage of two-for-one specials at all the Washington DC eating spots.
* When one of us makes a mistake, we could blame it on the other one and leave the usual scapegoat, the vice-president, completely out of it.
* At press conferences we could interview each other and not leave anything to unpredictable reporters.
* The way our system works now, very few Americans ever get the opportunity to serve as president. If we start electing dual presidents, or someday maybe even group presidents, it will substantially increase all of our chances of one day getting to live in the White House.
* Americans will be able to take comfort knowing their president is well rested: When we go on Meet the Press one of us can take a nap while the other one answers the questions.
* If one of us chokes on a pretzel, the other one will be nearby to do the Heimlich.
* Sometimes it takes more than one president to keep Congress in line.
* If one of us loses our place in the State of the Union address, the other one can take over for him.
* If one of us gets the nuclear codes mixed up with, say, our checking account number, the other one will probably catch the mistake.
* And finally, the idea of a Rick and Bubba co-presidency is such a novel idea, we get to write a novel about it. (Okay, so it's nonfiction, but authors are always mixing up those concepts nowadays anyway.)
Excerpted from RICK & BUBBA FOR PRESIDENT by Rick Burgess Bill Bussey Martha Bolton Copyright © 2008 by Rick Burgess and Bill Bussey with Martha Bolton. Excerpted by permission.
All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.
Excerpts are provided by Dial-A-Book Inc. solely for the personal use of visitors to this web site.
Posted June 24, 2008
I am a big fan and this book does not disappoint. It is great fun & real life intelligence from 2 real men who tell it like it is. It is very sad we don't have a candidate who holds these values & common sense, to vote for. I enjoyed this as did my family. The CD is always an added surprise of fun. They did it again, cranked out a book to look forward to.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted March 26, 2011
No text was provided for this review.