Right Here with You: Bringing Mindful Awareness into Our Relationshipsby Andrea Miller (Editor), David Richo (Contribution by), John Welwood (Contribution by), Tara Brach (Contribution by), Elizabeth Gilbert (Contribution by)
Topics in this collection include how to
In recent years scientists have discovered that mindfulness can reduce stress, improve mood, and enhance our sense of well-being. In this book, readers learn how mindfulness can be brought to bear in our relationships to increase intimacy, strengthen communication, and help us to find greater fulfilment.
Topics in this collection include how to open your heart and develop lovingkindness for yourself and others, how to improve communication through mindful speech and deep listening, noticing and counteracting destructive patterns, and discovering how intimate relationships can become a rich form of spiritual practice.
Chapters and contributors include:
• Zen teacher Thich Nhat Hanh on what mindfulness is and why it lies at the heart real love
• Psychotherapist David Richo on finding a partner
• Psychotherapist and meditation teacher Tara Brach on the power of forgiveness
• Rabbi Harold Kushner on striving to give love rather than get it
• Novelist Jane Hamilton on a marital meltdown—and recovery
• Meditation teacher Susan Piver on the value of heartbreak
• Psychologist John Welwood on relationships as a path of personal and spiritual growth
Meet the Author
Andrea Miller is an editor and staff writer for Shambhala Sun magazine.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews