- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Raymond Pearson describes and explains the creation, maintenance, and eventual demise of the Soviet regime across post-1945 Eastern Europe, setting the so-called "Soviet Empire" within the broader context of global imperialism and decolonization. This revised and updated second edition features an expanded final chapter, more detailed analysis of key themes and events, and an extended bibliography. New documentation has also been incorporated to provide a fuller historical account of what may prove to be the 'Last Empire'.
Yalta 1945: Liberation or Occupation?
• Belgrade 1948: Cold War Empire
• Budapest 1956: Thaw and Refreeze
• Prague 1968: Spring and Fall
• Gdansk 1980: Stagnation to Solidarity
• Berlin 1989: Decolonisation of the Outer Empire
• Moscow 1991: Disintegration of the Inner Empire
• The Last Empire?