- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
From the Publisher"...They have provided a starting point for investigating our rivers and given us the tools for understanding how our rivers function..."
-David R. Lenat, Raleigh, North Carolina, JOURNAL OF NORTH AMERICAN BENTHOLOGICAL SOCIETY
"...Art Benke and Bert Cushing have produced a monumental work that will serve as a basic comparative reference for many years."
-Whit Gibbons, in AIKEN STANDARD
"...unique and beautifully illustrated..."
- Robert Ridinger, Electronic Information Resources Management, Northern Illinois University, for E-STREAMS
"...outstanding reference...an enormous amount of excellent information that is not available from any other single source... new source of knowledge...Essential."
- M. J. Zwolinski, University of Arizona, in CHOICE
"...an encyclopedic resource for anyone who loves rivers or wishes to learn about them... Well structured, clearly written, and beautifully illustrated..."
-JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN WATER RESOURCES ASSOCIATION
"...an excellent compendium, the first comprehensive treatment of North American rivers."
- Elizabeth A. Bergey, University of Oklahoma, for LIMNOLOGY AND OCEANOGRAPHY BULLETIN
"This is a remarkable accomplishment...Well structured, clearly written, and beautifully illustrated with photos and maps..."
- Kaye L. Brubaker, Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Maryland, College Park
"This is a volume that all devotees of rivers--scientists, resource managers, anglers, boaters, and the lay reader--definitely will want to own."
- Kenneth W. Cummins, Co-Director, Institute for River Ecosystems, Humboldt State University, California
"Grand in design, scope and execution...an indispensable guide...Superb graphics and stunning photographs enrich the book’s wealth of scientific detail."
- James R. Karr, Professor, University of Washington, Seattle
"Encyclopedic in scope...condenses the wisdom and insight of regional experts into readable syntheses and informative one-page fact sheets...an invaluable resource."
- Judy L. Meyer, Distinguished Research Professor of Ecology, University of Georgia
"Rivers of North America...could be as useful on a cross-country trip as in a personal library for reading and reference."
- William M. Lewis, University of Colorado, Boulder
"The first interdisciplinary perspective on...rivers and associated ecosystems...an invaluable reference and benchmark for biologists, hydrologists, planners, and policy makers."
- Alan P. Covich, Professor and Director, Institute of Ecology, University of Georgia
"This volume is a must....It should be the standard reference on North American rivers for a long time to come."
- Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., President, Waterkeeper Alliance, from the Foreword