Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease, Professional Edition: Expert Consult - Online and Print / Edition 8by Vinay Kumar, Abul K. Abbas, Jon Aster, Nelson Fausto
Pub. Date: 06/02/2009
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
One of the best-selling medical textbooks of all time, Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease is the one book you likely purchased as a medical student that still provides answers now that you're in practice. The Professional Editionfeatures the same "who's who" of pathology experts,who deliverthe most dependable, current, and complete/b>/b>/i>… See more details below
One of the best-selling medical textbooks of all time, Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease is the one book you likely purchased as a medical student that still provides answers now that you're in practice. The Professional Editionfeatures the same "who's who" of pathology experts,who deliverthe most dependable, current, and complete coverage of today's essential pathology knowledge - enhanced with online perks designed especially for you as a practitioner. The result remains the ideal source for an optimal understanding of pathology at its core.
• With activation at www.expertconsult.com, get full-text online access to the Robbins Professional Edition, accessible from any computer connected to the Internet.
• Download more than 1600 full-color photomicrographs and conceptual diagrams for use in your talks or lectures.
• Search across your entire Expert Consult collection, including Robbins, to maximize your understanding of the pathologic basis of any disease you're querying.
Table of Contents
1. Cellular Responses to Stress and Toxic Insults: Adaptation, Injury, and Death
2. Acute and Chronic Inflammation
3. Tissue Renewal, Repair, and Regeneration
4. Hemodynamic Disorders, Thromboembolic Disease, and Shock
5. Genetic Disorders
6. Diseases of the Immune System
8. Infectious Diseases
9. Environmental and Nutritional Diseases
10. Diseases of Infancy and Childhood
Systemic Pathology: Diseases of Organ Systems
11. Blood Vessels
12. The Heart
13. Diseases of White Blood Cells, Lymph Nodes, Spleen, and Thymus
14. Red Blood Cell and Bleeding Disorders
15. The Lung
16. Head and Neck
17. The Gastrointestinal Tract
18. Liver and Biliary Tract
19. The Pancreas
20. The Kidney
21. The Lower Urinary Tract and Male Genital System
22. The Female Genital Tract
23. The Breast
24. The Endocrine System
25. The Skin
26. Bones, Joints, and Soft Tissue Tumors
27. Peripheral Nerve and Skeletal Muscle
28. The Central Nervous System
29. The Eye
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
I will never buy another electronic textbook. It is impossible to use. My activation code does not work. The numbers are incorrect. The links do not work.
This book is a must-read! I am in my fourth year of medical school and decided to buy this new edition and read it cover to cover. I have about 300 pages left to go and I am so happy with my decision. I am re-learning so much that I had forgotten since years 1 and 2 of medical school! This book is absolutely essential to any health care professional.
Excellent book, as the previous editions, now updated with new info, especially in the gen path section, excellent reference for students (medical and veterinary), residents and professionals. Got the professional edition, which I also love.