Robbins and Cotran Review of Pathology, 2nd Edition / Edition 2by Edward C. Klatt, Vinay Kumar
Pub. Date: 11/18/2004
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
This easy-to-use resource helps readers to master the most important principles and facts in pathology. More than 1,000 questions cover everything from the fundamentals of gross and microscopic pathology to the latest findings in molecular biology and genetics. Based on two of the best-selling, most authoritative pathology textbooks-Robbins and Cotran Pathologic… See more details below
This easy-to-use resource helps readers to master the most important principles and facts in pathology. More than 1,000 questions cover everything from the fundamentals of gross and microscopic pathology to the latest findings in molecular biology and genetics. Based on two of the best-selling, most authoritative pathology textbooks-Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease, 7th Edition and Basic Pathology, 7th Edition-Robbins and Cotran Review of Pathology, 2nd Edition is an ideal aid for coursework, self-assessment, and examinations in pathology.
• Offers more than 1,000 questions that follow the clinical vignette style, emphasizing problem solving over rote memorization. Presented in both single-best-answer and extended-matching formats, they reflect levels of difficulty that prepare students for both examinations and the practice of medicine.
• Provides an answer and a detailed explanation for every question at the end of each chapter.
• Includes page references and a parallel organization to both Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease and Basic Pathology, making additional information easy to locate.
• Presents correlative laboratory, radiologic, and physical diagnostic data to enhance readers' understanding of pathophysiology and to integrate pathology with other medical disciplines.
• Uses numerous full-color illustrations to test readers' diagnostic skills.
• Delivers a 73-question chapter covering all subjects that mimics a comprehensive final examination.
Table of Contents
Klatt/Kumar, Robbins and Cotran Review of Pathology, 2e
Unit I GENERAL PATHOLOGY
1. Cellular Pathology
2. Acute and Chronic Inflammation
3. Tissue Renewal and Repair: Regeneration, Healing, and Fibrosis
4. Hemodynamic Disorders, Thromboembolic Disease, and Shock
5. Genetic Disorders
6. Diseases of Immunity
8. Infectious Diseases
9. Environmental and Nutritional Pathology
10. Diseases of Infancy and Childhood
Unit II DISEASES OF ORGAN SYSTEMS
11. Blood Vessels
12. The Heart
13. Red Blood Cell and Bleeding Disorders
14. Diseases of White Blood Cells, Lymph Nodes, Spleen, and Thymus
15. The Lung
16. Head and Neck
17. The Gastrointestinal Tract
18. The Liver and the Biliary Tract
19. The Pancreas
20. The Kidney and the Lower Urinary Tract
21. The Male Genital Tract
22. The Female Genital Tract
23. The Breast
24. The Endocrine System
25. The Skin
26. Bones, Joints, and Soft Tissue Tumors
27. Peripheral Nerve and Skeletal Muscle
28. The Central Nervous System
29. The Eye
Unit III Final Examination
30. Final Review and Assessment
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >