Robbins and Cotran Review of Pathology / Edition 3by Edward C. Klatt, Vinay Kumar
Pub. Date: 07/14/2009
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
This easy-to-use new edition of Robbins and Cotran Review of Pathology helps you effectively master the most important principles and facts in pathology. More than 1,100 questions-many new to this edition-reinforce the fundamentals of gross and microscopic pathology as well as the latest findings in molecular biology and genetics. Based on two of the best-selling,… See more details below
This easy-to-use new edition of Robbins and Cotran Review of Pathology helps you effectively master the most important principles and facts in pathology. More than 1,100 questions-many new to this edition-reinforce the fundamentals of gross and microscopic pathology as well as the latest findings in molecular biology and genetics. Based on two of the best-selling, most authoritative pathology textbooks-Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease, 8th Edition and Basic Pathology, 8th Edition-Robbins and Cotran Review of Pathology, 3rd Edition is an ideal aid for coursework, self-assessment, and examinations, including the USMLE Step 1 examination in pathology.
• Offers questions in the clinical vignette style, emphasizing problem solving over rote memorization. Presented in both single-best-answer and extended-matching formats, they reflect levels of difficulty that prepare you for examinations.
• Provides an answer and a detailed explanation for every question at the end of each chapter.
• Includes page references and a parallel organization to both Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease and Robbins Basic Pathology, making additional information easy to locate.
• Presents correlative laboratory, radiologic, and physical diagnostic data to enhance your understanding of pathophysiology and integrate pathology with other medical disciplines.
• Uses numerous full-color illustrations to test your diagnostic skills.
• Delivers a final comprehensive exam of 50 questions on random exam topics that mimic the USMLE Step 1.
• Features new questions that reflect today’s hot topics in pathology, keeping you up to date.
• Includes many new illustrations to enhance visual guidance.
• Uses a new chapter arrangement to conform to the new Table of Contents in Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease, 8th Edition, for easier cross referencing.
Table of Contents
|Ch. 1||Cellular pathology||3|
|Ch. 2||Acute and chronic inflammation||12|
|Ch. 3||Tissue renewal and repair : regeneration, healing, and fibrosis||21|
|Ch. 4||Hemodynamic disorders, thromboembolic disease, and shock||26|
|Ch. 5||Genetic disorders||36|
|Ch. 6||Diseases of immunity||47|
|Ch. 8||Infectious diseases||82|
|Ch. 9||Environmental and nutritional pathology||100|
|Ch. 10||Diseases of infancy and childhood||114|
|Ch. 11||Blood vessels||127|
|Ch. 12||The heart||139|
|Ch. 13||Red blood cell and bleeding disorders||156|
|Ch. 14||Diseases of white blood cells, lymph nodes, spleen, and thymus||174|
|Ch. 15||The lung||194|
|Ch. 16||Head and neck||213|
|Ch. 17||The gastrointestinal tract||220|
|Ch. 18||The liver and the biliary tract||239|
|Ch. 19||The pancreas||255|
|Ch. 20||The kidney and the lower urinary tract||263|
|Ch. 21||The male genital tract||285|
|Ch. 22||The female genital tract||293|
|Ch. 23||The breast||307|
|Ch. 24||The endocrine system||314|
|Ch. 25||The skin||329|
|Ch. 26||Bones, joints, and soft tissue tumors||339|
|Ch. 27||Peripheral nerve and skeletal muscle||356|
|Ch. 28||The central nervous system||362|
|Ch. 29||The eye||382|
|Ch. 30||Final review and assessment||391|
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
I have used this with my classmates to review courses before a test. Love it. The vignettes are great, and they really make you think. Occaisionally there will be an error, but they aren't very common. Hopefully the publisher takes note and fixes the errors.