Robbins and Cotran Review of Pathologyby Edward C. Klatt, Vinay Kumar
This easy-to-use new edition of Robbins and Cotran Review of Pathology helps you effectively master the most important principles and facts in pathology. More than 1,100 questions-many new to this edition-reinforce the fundamentals of gross and microscopic pathology as well as the latest findings in molecular biology and genetics. Based on two of the best-selling,… See more details below
This easy-to-use new edition of Robbins and Cotran Review of Pathology helps you effectively master the most important principles and facts in pathology. More than 1,100 questions-many new to this edition-reinforce the fundamentals of gross and microscopic pathology as well as the latest findings in molecular biology and genetics. Based on two of the best-selling, most authoritative pathology textbooks-Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease, 8th Edition and Basic Pathology, 8th Edition-Robbins and Cotran Review of Pathology, 3rd Edition is an ideal aid for coursework, self-assessment, and examinations, including the USMLE Step 1 examination in pathology.
- Offers questions in the clinical vignette style, emphasizing problem solving over rote memorization. Presented in both single-best-answer and extended-matching formats, they reflect levels of difficulty that prepare you for examinations.
- Provides an answer and a detailed explanation for every question at the end of each chapter.
- Includes page references and a parallel organization to both Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease and Robbins Basic Pathology, making additional information easy to locate.
- Presents correlative laboratory, radiologic, and physical diagnostic data to enhance your understanding of pathophysiology and integrate pathology with other medical disciplines.
- Uses numerous full-color illustrations to test your diagnostic skills.
- Delivers a final comprehensive exam of 50 questions on random exam topics that mimic the USMLE Step 1.
- Features new questions that reflect today’s hot topics in pathology, keeping you up to date.
- Includes many new illustrations to enhance visual guidance.
- Uses a new chapter arrangement to conform to the new Table of Contents in Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease, 8th Edition, for easier cross referencing.
Description: This is the third edition of a well known pathology review containing over 1,000 multiple choice questions and answers. Like its previous editions, it is linked to the Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease, 8th edition, Kumar et al. (Elsevier, 2010), and thus belongs to the family of Robbins pathology resources.
Purpose: This review is designed to facilitate the reading of the textbook. It will help medical students studying pathology and will reinforce their knowledge as well as its application in clinical training.
Audience: It is aimed at medical students, but it could be used by their teachers as well. Pathology residents also could learn quite a bit from it, and practicing pathologists could use it for continuing medical education. The authors are the leading educators in this field and are well known and respected nationally and internationally.
Features: The book follows the outline of the eighth edition of the textbook, which was published simultaneously with this companion. Thus the book contains 31 chapters in three units. The first unit deals with major topics of general pathology, the second with systemic pathology, and the third contains integrative reviews. Each chapter is divided into two parts: the first with questions and the second with answers. All answers are indexed to the appropriate pages of eighth edition of the textbook, but also to the seventh edition and the smaller Robbins Basic Pathology, 8th edition, Kumar et al. (Elsevier, 2007). The answers are often illustrated with pictures from the main textbook. There are no references and there is no index.
Assessment: This edition of this very successful review book has been updated, corrected, and expanded. Like its predecessors, it is well written, didactically superb, and comprehensive. It is ideal for both students and teachers of pathology. It remains the best review of pathology on the market. It is highly recommended to all medical students and it should be available to them in all medical school libraries. In my humble opinion, a better review book could not have been written.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
I have used this with my classmates to review courses before a test. Love it. The vignettes are great, and they really make you think. Occaisionally there will be an error, but they aren't very common. Hopefully the publisher takes note and fixes the errors.