Robbins Basic Pathology: With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access / Edition 8by Vinay Kumar, Richard Mitchell, Abul K. Abbas, Nelson Fausto
Pub. Date: 05/17/2007
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Get the pathology knowledge you need, the way you need it, from the name you can trust! Robbins Basic Pathology has helped countless students master the core concepts in pathology. This 8th Edition continues that tradition, providing outstanding, user-friendly coverage of the latest information in the field. Clinicopathologic correlations highlight the… See more details below
Get the pathology knowledge you need, the way you need it, from the name you can trust! Robbins Basic Pathology has helped countless students master the core concepts in pathology. This 8th Edition continues that tradition, providing outstanding, user-friendly coverage of the latest information in the field. Clinicopathologic correlations highlight the relationships between basic science and clinical medicine, while state-of-the-art gross and photomicrographic illustrations help you understand complex principles. What's more, access to the complete contents online at www.studentconsult.com enables you to study more powerfully than ever before!
• Get a rich understanding of all essential pathology concepts with expert guidance from an all-star editorial team.
• Grasp the connections between basic science and clinical medicine with clinicopathologic correlations throughout.
• Master complex principles visually with the aid of more than 1,000 high-quality, full-color illustrations, photographs, and photomicrographs.
• Understand all the key points with NEW Summary Boxes in every chapter.
• Access the complete contents of the book online at www.studentconsult.com, anywhere you go...perform quick searches...add your own notes and bookmarks...follow Integration Links to related bonus content from other STUDENT CONSULT titles...and reference all of other STUDENT CONSULT titles you own online, too-all in one place!
• Summary boxes highlight key information throughout each chapter.
• Illustrations have been improved and simplified throughout providing improved visual clarification of important concepts.
• A plethora of extras available on Student Consult including self assessment questions, Pathology case studies and Virtual Microscope functionality for most of the high quality photomicrographs.
• Valuable Instructor teaching resources on EVOLVE including all of the images from the book and a test bank with page references to the text.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Cell Injury, Cell Death and Adaptations
Chapter 2 Acute and Chronic Inflammation
Chapter 3 Tissue Repair: Regeneration, Healing and Fibrosis
Chapter 4 Hemodynamic Disorders, Thrembosis and Shock
Chapter 5 Diseases of the Immune System
Chapter 6 Neoplasia
Chapter 7 Genetic and Pediatric Diseases
Chapter 8 Environmental and Nutritional Diseases
Chapter 9 General Pathology and Infection Diseases
Chapter 10 The Blood Vessels
Chapter 11 The Heart
Chapter 12 The Hematopoietic and Lymphoid Systems
Chapter 13 The Lung
Chapter 14 The Kidney and It’s Collecting System
Chapter 15 The Oral Cavity and Gastrointestinal Tract
Chapter 16 The Liver, Gall Bladder, and Biliary Tract
Chapter 17 The Pancreas
Chapter 18 The Male Genital System
Chapter 19 The Female Genital System and Breast
Chapter 20 The Endocrine System
Chapter 21 The Musculoskeletal System
Chapter 22 The Skin
Chapter 23 The Nervous System
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >