- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
The HTML5 Canvas was created to provide an in-browser alternative to ...
The HTML5 Canvas was created to provide an in-browser alternative to third party plug-ins such as Flash. The reason for this is that Flash has always had drawbacks such as crashing and hogging cycles from the processor, plus it constantly requires updating, and installs differently on different browsers. In addition Apple chose to drop Flash from its iOS operating system, and more recently even Google has dropped it from the Android Chrome browser.
But, more than simply replacing Flash, having the canvas feature built into web browsers ensures that it is fully accessible from the rest of a web document, something you cannot say for Flash. This means that interoperability and speed of access remain paramount, and you the web designer retain full control over your web pages.
In this course you will learn how to use the canvas to its fullest capability, and once you finish it you'll be proficient in creating your own graphics and animations as and when you need them.
Exerpted from Robin Nixon's top-selling HTML & HTML5 Crash Course, this book distills just the information you need to access the HTML5 canvas and create professional graphics, so you get only the information you need, at the right price, in the following six easy lectures:
1. Introduction to The HTML5 Canvas
2. Fills, Rectangles, Gradients & Patterns
3. Writing Text To The Canvas
4. Lines, Paths & Curves
5. Images, Shadows & Pixels
6. Compositing, Transparency & Transformations
Reasons you will learn all you need from this course:
* Each Lecture begins by listing the three key skills you will learn.
* A summary at the end of each lecture reminds you what you have learned.
* Useful, fully-tested examples illustrate every tag, attribute and function.
* Each lecture features several notes providing extra, handy advice.
* The examples can all be downloaded from the companion website.