Look ahead to the future of surgery--with the first comprehensive robotic surgery reference
Representing a landmark in the medical literature, Robotic Surgery is the first complete robotic surgery sourcebook. In its pages, you'll explore the new frontiers of robotic and remote technologies, which bring us closer to the goal of achieving the benefits of traditional surgery with the least disruption to the normal functions of the human body. The authors take you through the fundamental principles of robotic surgery and provide clear instruction on their clinical application.
- Up-to-date information and advice on how you can integrate robotic surgery into your clinical practice right now!
- Edited by experts from the Washington Institute of Cardiac and Thoracic Surgery at George Washington University School of Medicine and Hospital, and authored by pioneers in the field of robotics
- Broad, step-by-step coverage of surgical procedures that spans cardiac, thoracic, general, and urologic surgery, encompassing everything from robot-assisted mitral valve repair to robotic gastric surgery and robotic donor nephrectomy
- Important focus on how the implementation of robotic surgery principles and procedures leads to improved surgical outcomes
- Insightful final section that examines the new frontiers of robotic surgery, including the role of robotic surgery during space exploration and the overall future of the specialty