Robust Statistics / Edition 1by Peter J. Huber
Pub. Date: 10/31/2003
The first systematic, book-length treatment of the subject. Begins with a general introduction and the formal mathematical background behind qualitative and quantitative robustness. Stresses concepts. Provides selected numerical algorithms for computing robust estimates, as well as convergence proofs. Tables contain quantitative robustness information for a variety of estimates.
Table of Contents
2. The Weak Topology and Its Metrization.
3. The Basic Types of Estimates.
4. Asymptotic Minimax Theory for Estimating a Location Parameter.
5. Scale Estimates.
6. Multiparameter Problems, In Particular Joint Estimation of Location and Scale.
8. Robust Covariance and Correlation Matrices.
9. Rubustness of Design.
10. Exact Finite Sample Results.
11. Miscellaneous Topics.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >