Roman Britain / Edition 3by Malcolm Todd
Pub. Date: 06/28/1999
This incisive study charts the history of the Roman province of Britannia from the conquest of the first century AD through its heyday in the fourth century to the end of the Roman administration in the early fifth century.
Table of ContentsPreface to the Third Edition.
Preface to the Second Edition.
1. Discovery and the First Invasions.
2. Britain and the Britons.
3. The Claudian Triumph.
4. The Conquest of Lowland Britain.
5. Revolt and Conquest Renewed.
6. Britannia Perdomita.
7. The Frontier-Builders.
8. Propagator Imperii.
9. The Long Peace.
10. The Fourth-Century Diocese.
11. Nostro Diducta Britannia Mundo.
Notes, Bibliographies and Ancient Sources.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >