"Fascinating and well researched.... Dr. Swift is the first to concentrate on this unusual subject with such a wealth of sympathetic detail."
- Sarah Bradford, author of "America' s Queen: The Life of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, Elizabeth: A Biography of Britain' s Queen," and "The Reluctant King: The Life and Reign of George VI, 1895 1952"
"A splendid addition to our understanding of an extraordinary Anglo-American partnership. Both intimate and expansive, Will Swift' s vigorously researched book is timely, illuminating, and dramatic."
- Blanche Wiesen Cook, author of "Eleanor Roosevelt, Vol. 1: 1884-1933" and "Eleanor Roosevelt, Vol. 2: The Defining Years, 1933-1938"
"The Anglo-American alliance has long been a bedrock of the global order, and Will Swift' s The Roosevelts and the Royals details an important chapter in that fascinating story with warmth and verve."
- Jon Meacham, author of "Franklin and Winston: An Intimate Portrait of an Epic Friendship"
"Those who remember only that the Roosevelts served hot dogs to the royals will be fascinated by this well-researched account of an historic and ennobling relationship- a great story!"
- James MacGregor Burns, author of "The Three Roosevelts: Patrician Leaders Who Transformed America" and "Roosevelt: Soldier of Freedom"
"A gripping account of four very different lives that were woven together to change the world in wartime."
- Hugo Vickers, author of "Cecil Beaton and Alice: Princess Andrew of Greece"
"Written in fluid and lucid prose, this book is not only eminently readable but also historically illuminating.It explores the contrasting personalities of the four main protagonists with skill and insight and it is both convincing and refreshingly candid."
- Brian Roberts, author of "Randolph: A Study of Churchill' s Son and Cecil Rhodes and the Princess"
"This book brings to life my grandmother and her royal friends. Reading it, I found myself reliving the times I shared with them. A wonderful story."
- Nina Roosevelt Gibson, Ph.D., psychologist and granddaughter of Eleanor and Franklin Roosevelt