Route 66 -- The Mother Road -- Main Street of America -- The Will Rogers Highway
Theme your NOOK with this HD+ selection of vintage and modern Route 66 photos depicting the stretch through Arizona.
The idea of Route 66 is deeply ingrained in our American culture in a myriad of ways. It evokes memories of those heading west to escape the days of the Dust Bowl, or the post-WWII migration to California that led to the boom of Los Angeles. It represents uncounted family vacations out to discover new sights with destinations ranging from the Grand Canyon to Disneyland. For most, it is the simple promise of freedom on the open road.
Each stretch of Route 66 maintains a distict character that contributes to the overall lore of the road.
The Arizona stretch is perhaps one of the most iconic stretches of Route 66, that has further been embedded in our cultural memory with Pixar's "Cars" and "Radiator Springs".
This set tries to capture some of that iconic landscape from the Wigwam Motel in Holbrook (inspiration of the Cozy Cone), to the Arizona Painted Desert.
Additional features of this live wallpaper:
- Explore images as you change your NOOK screens left and right
- Manually change images with an up/down gesture
- Timer settings to change images automatically (every 30 minutes, every day, etc.)
- Individually adjust the display (brightness, contrast, saturation) of each image
- Enable/disable individual images for display